The CAS Office is closed for Chapel on Wednesdays and Fridays during the semester.
In order to qualify for testing accommodations in the Center for Academic Success, students must fall under one of the following two categories:
1. Students with disabilities who require special testing accommodations (Click here for more information)
2. Students with special circumstances such as:
No-show is defined as an individual who did not cancel or reschedule a scheduled appointment 24 hours prior to their appointment. CAS maintains and updates the no-show list daily. If a student misses his/her appointment, both the student and professor will be notified. However, CAS will not make appointments for anyone who has no-showed on two occasions. After one no-show, a student will have to meet with the testing assistant and the CAS director to review the no show policy and to make another testing appointment. After two no-shows, the student will be unable to make an appointment for the remainder of the semester.
1. Click the link above to open the reservation menu.
2. Select a date to see available seats and time slots.
3. The times are listed based on the day's class schedule. To pick extended time slots, keep clicking the time slots that are in line with that Seat Number. The "Private Room" option is ONLY for testers with special accommodations that require a reader, scribe or technological assistance.
4. Once you have selected your time slot, fill in the dropdown form with all the appointment information including your name, ENC email address, class, professor, and reason for the reservation.
5. Click "submit" after you have completed the form.
6. The appointment will be approved by a CAS staff member once the proper documentation and authorization has been received from your professor.
NOTE: The appointment booking system includes a five day buffer between the time a booking is submitted and the appointment time.