CAS Peer Tutoring
CAS Peer Tutors are undergraduate students who are trained to support students in specific areas. CAS primarily offers support in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, and Religion.
CAS Peer Tutors will work with you to examine areas where you need support and through critical questioning will help you to improve in your knowledge the subject area. Peer Tutors are not here to teach classroom content. It is expected that all students coming to a tutoring session will come prepared with their books, notes, and questions for the tutor.
Peer Tutoring takes place in the Center for Academic Success on the ground floor of Nease Library.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE*
*Before students can make an appointment for the first time, they will need to register as a new user and create an account using their ENC email address and password. Students can sign up for two appointments per week in CAS.
HOURS AND SCHEDULING INFORMATION
Peer Tutoring takes place by appointment. Please go online to view the schedule and make an appointment with a peer tutor.
PEER TUTORING POLICIES
Please note that by making a Peer Tutoring appointment, you agree to adhere to the following policies:
- In order to receive a tutor from the CAS, you must be registered in the course in which you wish to receive tutoring.
- The Peer Tutoring program has the following appointment limits: Per course, a student may sign up for 1 Weekly appointment OR up to 2 Single appointments (if available) in a week. Students who elect to participate in Weekly appointments have the option of also signing up for 1 Single appointment.
- Any student who attempts to sign up for appointments beyond these limits will have their over-limit appointments canceled at the discretion of CAS staff.
- You will arrive on time for your tutoring appointment.
- In the case of Weekly appointments, you will meet with your tutor every week after signing up or risk losing tutoring privileges for the remainder of the semester.
- If you need to cancel an appointment (Weekly or Single), you must cancel your appointment in WCOnline at least 12 hours prior to the scheduled start of your appointment.
- Repeated cancelations may jeopardize your participation in the Peer Tutoring program.
- All tutors and tutees are expected to adhere to the ENC Academic Integrity Policy. Any work submitted by a student must be their own. Any deviation from this may be considered academic misconduct. Any violation of the Academic Integrity Policy will result in immediate termination of Peer Tutoring services and reporting to the Academic Dean.
Cancelation, Late, and Missed Appointment Policies:
- Students who do not cancel their appointment with at least 12 hours notice are marked Missed.
- Students who do not show up within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time of the appointment are marked Missed.
- Students who do not come to their scheduled appointment are marked Missed.
- A student with ONE Missed appointment on record will be locked out of WCOnline and will not be able to make any additional appointments until they have come in to speak with a CAS staff member about why they missed their appointment.