Please note: While not required, for best results, patrons and staff should log in prior to searching and requesting.
- Enter search term(s)
- Limit your search (optional)
- Use to select a search type - default is Keyword
- Use to select which network(s) to search - default is All
- Press ‘Enter’ or click to view search results screen
Figure 1 - Commonwealth Catalog Home Page
Note: The search results screen may flash while search results are being retrieved from each network.
4. Search results are clustered by title. Titles with multiple formats or editions are grouped together (figure 2)
Hover the mouse over a cover to view Action Buttons.
- Request This Item - if there is only one version of the item in the cluster. This takes the patron directly to a request form.
- View Details - if there is more than one version of the item in the cluster. This takes the patron to a list of items to choose from.
5. Locate the title you want and click an Action Button, or click on the cover itself to view more availability details.
Figure 2 - Search Results Screen
6. If the title has multiple formats or editions you will see a list (figure 3). If there is only one item you will see detailed information for that item (figure 4).
7. Click the Request This Item button to place a request or click on the cover image in the list to view detailed information about a specific item
Figure 3 - A title with multiple formats or editions.
Figure 4 - detailed item information